In recent years, the optoelectronics
industry has encountered a dramatic increase in demand for
high-performance devices. Advanced design software is needed
to develop new components that meet the challenging
requirements. Modern technology computer aided design (TCAD)
tools can help to analyze and to optimize device performance.
This shortens the product design cycle, saving time and money.
Active research includes the efficient numerical solution of
the device equations as well as the correct modeling of
material properties. Ease of use, accuracy, and flexibility
are often decisive factors for the acceptance of design tools
in an industrial environment.
- Coupling of electronic and optical simulations of device
- Self-consistent electro-opto-thermal simulations
- Material parameters of compound semiconductors
- Calibration and validation of physical models
- Comparison between simulations and measurements
- Analysis of internal device physics
- Design and optimization of optoelectronic devices
- Physics of quantum-well, quantum-wire and quantum-dot
- 3D simulation of optoelectronic devices
- Simulation and design of photonic integrated systems
Semiconductor optoelectronic devices of interest
include laser diodes, light emitting diodes, optical
modulators, optical amplifiers, and photodetectors.